If you have to buy followers then you don’t know what your selling. In other words: don’t buy social media followers. Engage them. Go the extra social mile and connect with your followers. Earn the follow. Follow at least a category fit in roughly ninety percent of your follows. Ten percent fun and the rest a match to your business, your passions, and your calling.
The following are reasons why not to buy social media followers:
- It’s the easy way out. Earn and engagement both start with the same letter: E. This stands for effort.
- It defies engagement.
- It’s lazy.
- It’s boring.
- It comes across like an infomercial.
- But wait, there’s not more!
- It’s a digital bribe.
- It does not impress most people.
- Quantity is not quality.
- A good follow is worth one thousand words.
- It’s unprofessional.
- It’s not target marketing.
- It’s you, not money.
- Meet; don’t cheat.
- It’s a monetary form of spam.
- It’s not permission-based marketing.
- It’s not a popularity contest.
A follow or a like is much more than a debit card transaction or an ad. It’s you and your business. Don’t trivialize the time and effort people spend to engage the you in your brand.
So remember: shake a digital hand rather than a credit card. Your reputation matters…